Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Scotch Eggs

I've been reading my new Paleo cookbook and was going through the beautiful pictures to decide what to do for breakfast for the week.  I came across a picture of Scotch Eggs.  I had no idea what Scotch Eggs were, what they tasted like, or how to make hard boiled eggs.  Nevertheless, I knew I wanted to try it for an easy breakfast for the week.

These eggs are pretty easy to make too! They require just a bit of work with hard boiling the eggs and peeling, but it's well worth it! I read that some people have problems with getting the meat around the egg, but this wasn't a problem for me.  Make sure your hands are wet so that the meat doesn't stick.

These eggs are a great way to get your protein in the morning! I served mine with a side of fruit and it was quite tasty!  Let me know what you think!

Scotch Eggs
Insprired by Well Fed- Paleo Recipes
1 1/2 pounds of ground meat ( I used a combination of chicken breakfast sausage and ground turkey)
6 hard boiled eggs, peeled.
2 tbsp tomato paste
Handful of fresh basil, chopped
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp parsely
1 tsp oregano
salt and pepper

Preheat the oven to 375F  Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper

Place the meat, spices, tomato paste in a bowl and mix together.  Take a handful of the mixture and wrap around the egg.  Place on the pan.  Do this with all the eggs.

Bake for 25 minutes and then increase the temperature to 400F and bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until the meat is cooked through.  Enjoy!

 Raw Balls!

Cooked!

Served! I actually made perfect hard boiled eggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment