Saturday, September 28, 2013

Blueberry Chocolate Chip Oat Bran Muffins

I've read that Oat Bran is a super delicious and nutritious food to try and I saw some Oat Bran recipes and I knew I wanted to join in all the fun.

I found a recipe to try on a bodybuilding.com forum, but I decided to really change it up a bit.  What I ended up with was a blueberry and chocolate chip muffin.  The muffins are pretty tasty and if you like oatmeal, you will like these muffins.  Fair warning: DO NOT EAT MORE THAN ONE!

Blueberry Chocolate Chip Oat Bran Muffins
2 1/4 cup oat bran
4 tbsp brown sugar
1 1/4 cup almond milk
1/2 cup egg whites
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp flax seed
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup blueberries
1/4 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 425F.  Spray a muffin tin with Pam

Put all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix together.

Divide the batter equally in the muffin tin. (For me, it was about 2tbsp per muffin)

Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Cool and eat!



All lined up!
Close up!

No comments:

Post a Comment