Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Sloppy Joe Turkey Meatloaf

This is my last week on the Abs Diet and I wanted to try the turkey meatloaf again.  What I learned from the last try was that it got watery for some reason.  To try and get rid of that, I added some wheat germ in place of bread crumbs.  I also wanted to play around with the flavors so I decided to just start over in the sauce department and used the Abs Diet Sloppy Joe Sauce!  

This is delicious, but for next time, I'm going to make an extra 1/2 cup sauce and mix it in with the turkey mixture.

Sloppy Joe Turkey Meatloaf
2 1/2 pounds extra lean ground turkey
2 eggs
1/2 cup wheat germ
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
Salt and Pepper
1 1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
4 tbsp yellow mustard

Preheat oven to 350F
Combine the turkey, eggs, wheat germ, spices in a bowl and add 1/2 cup of the sauce mixture to the turkey mixture. Stir together and divide between two 9x5 pans (or whatever pans you have).  Divide the remaining sauce between the two pans.  Bake at 350F for 45 minutes or until a thermometer registers 160F.

Enjoy as a sandwich with blitz bread!


Sandwich Glamor Shot
Slice of Meatloaf

No comments:

Post a Comment