Monday, July 8, 2013

Chocolate Banana Coconut Flour Muffins

I had a few overripe bananas and I had bought coconut flour for some reason and I bought a muffin pan recently, so I decided that I needed to make all of those ingredients come together somehow.  I found a recipe for Chocolate Banana Coconut Flour Muffins on pinterest and it was just what I was looking for!

These muffins are delicious. They are sweet enough, but not too sweet, rich, chocolatey and even healthy! These are the perfect little snack and a perfect way to get a chocolate fix without going overboard.  Well played.

Chocolate Banana Coconut Flour Muffins
with no adaptations from Be Delicious

3 ripe bananas (mashed)
3 eggs
3 tablespoons coconut flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup honey
Approximately 1/4 cup chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with liners. Combine all ingredients (except for the chocolate chips) in a mixing bowl. Mix until well combined. Fill liners with batter about 2/3 of the way full. Top with chocolate chips. Bake for approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Cool.  Enjoy!

I made 12 muffins and did not use liners.  This picture shows only 4 because the others were already eaten by the time I remembered to take a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment