Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Cream Cheese Sandwich Cookies

I had a dream, a few weeks ago, that one day cheesecake and cookies could come together in the same recipe.  I tried one idea which was to make cheesecake filling and my chocolate chip recipe to make bars.  It was ok, but not good enough.

I had another go at it, this time creating sandwiches instead.  I used my go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe and created a filling of cream cheese and sugar.  It turned out fine, but still wasn't the cookie in my dreams. I did not use the right amount of flour and so this created a flatter cookie, which actually  made for a better sandwich.  Here it is!

Cream Cheese Sandwich Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 stick of butter softened
1 cup of brown sugar
1 egg
2 tbsp Maple Syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup of flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips.

Preheat the oven to 325F

Cream the butter and sugar together.  Add the egg, maple syrup and vanilla and beat to incorporate.  Add the dry ingredients, mix well and stir in the chocolate chips.  Place on an ungreased baking sheet about 3 inches apart and bake for 15 minutes.  Let cool on a wire rack, or taste one after a few minutes to make sure it's still good.

Cream Cheese Filling
1/2 brick cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
3 tbsp corn starch

Mix all the ingredients together.


Assembly
Spread a layer of cream cheese filling in between two cookies and eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment