Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Chili Con Turkey

In the quest to get healthy again; I made this healthy abs diet dinner.  This was very tasty and very filling! I used brown rice and frozen corn and hot salsa to season and it was very good.  It's not exactly chili, but a very nice ground turkey dish bursting with flavor and health!

Chil Con Turkey
from Abs Diet by way of Men's Health
Serves 4

1 pound of ground turkey
1 can (14 oz) Mexican Diced Tomatoes
1 can (15 oz) Reduced Sodium Black Beans; rinsed and drained
14 oz corn (I used frozen, but recipe uses canned)
1 package of chili mix (I used probably 1/4 cup hot salsa instead)
1 tbsp ground flaxseed
1/4 cup water (I'd leave this out next time I make it)
1 cup cooked rice (I used brown)

In a large skillet over medium high heat cook the turkey until it's done.   Add all of the ingredients, except the rice and cook until everything is warmed through (about 10 minutes). Serve over the brown rice and eat up!

No comments:

Post a Comment