Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Abs Diet BBQ King

Another tasty and delicious Abs Diet meal is this BBQ King dish featuring kielbasa, beans, baked beans and tomato.  This is surprisingly delicious meal and you can change some of the variables in it to customize it.  The original recipe calls for navy beans (which I can never find) so I use whatever beans I have around and in this case it was Pinto. I also didn't use kielbasa but instead used some Johnsonville Andouille sausages (3) and I did not include the mushrooms.  I also think the can of baked beans I have is smaller than what is called for in the recipe.   This is my spin on it, let me know what you think!

BBQ King
Adapted from Abs Diet

3 Andouille Sausages chopped
1/2 small diced onion
1 clove garlic minced
1 can baked beans
1 can pinto beans drained and rinsed
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 350F

Heat a large pan over medium heat and add the onion and sausage.  Cook together until the onions are softened (about 5 or so minutes).  Add the beans tomatoes and garlic and cook for another 5 or so minutes.  Turn off the heat

Combine the flaxseed, bread crumbs and olive oil in a small bowl.  Sprinkle the mixture over the beans and sausage and throw in the oven for 20 minutes until the mixture starts to bubble.  OR, throw it in a 400F oven for 5 minutes. Let cool and enjoy. I topped mine with a dollop of fat free greek yogurt for added protein.
Extreme Close up!


Zoom Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment