Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Baked Mozzarella Sticks

I've seen the baked mozzarella sticks on pinterest as a huge fail.  I'm happy to report that I made them and they were not a huge fail! I actually did nail it!

The key to baked mozzarella sticks is to make sure your sticks are thoroughly frozen.  I had mine frozen overnight, plus all the next day and they were sufficiently frozen.  These were also pretty easy to make and I must say, I pretty much made up this version.  Easy squeasy and ready quickly (after they're frozen)

Baked Mozzarella Sticks
4 mozzarella sticks cut in half.  Freeze overnight
1 tbsp flour
1 egg beaten
1/4 cup bread crumbs
2 tbsp parmesan
2 tbsp your favorite spice blend.  I used Emeril's Bayou Blast (homemade though!)

Preheat oven to 425F
Put the flour in one bowl.  Put the egg in another bowl.  Put the bread crumbs, parmesan and spices in another bowl and combine.  Dip one frozen stick in the flour, the egg and then the bread crumbs and place on a baking sheet.  Repeat with the remaining sticks.  Spray with Pam.  Bake for 5 minutes.  Turn carefully and bake for another 5 minutes, watching very carefully to make sure the cheese doesn't melt everywhere.

These are pretty good and could be very addicting.  PORTION CONTROL is key term here!


Terrible picture, but you get the idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment