Friday, August 9, 2013

Sweet Potato Fries

Sweet Potato Fries are a popular side dish in my house. I bake them and after a lot of trial and error discovered the secret to tasty sweet potato fries.  I found this out from Instructables.com.  The key "secret" that I learned was to make sure the sweet potatoes do not touch each other.  That's it!  Before I just dumped them on the pan and threw them in the oven.  They took forever to finish cooking and were always soggy.  After carefully placing them on the pan so they don't touch, they cooked faster and were not as soggy.  I'm still working on it, but these are pretty good.  Add a hefty dose of Old Bay and you get Cajun Fries!   Yum!

Sweet Potato Fries
Adapted from Instructables.com

1 sweet potato cut into fries
2 tbsp Old Bay
1 tbsp olive oil

Preheat oven to 450
Put the sweet potatoes in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil and Old Bay.  Mix together so that all of the fries have oil and Old Bay.  Carefully arrange on a sheet pan sprayed with Pam.  Bake for about 15 or minutes or until tender and turn once 1/2 way through cooking.  Enjoy!

Not the best picture

No comments:

Post a Comment