Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Approaching Day 3 on Slow Carb

Days 1 and 2 have felt amazing on the Slow Carb diet. I'm so full and have not felt hungry one bit!  

Day 2 was my first day on the diet while at work.  Lately there have been many temptations at work (cookies and doughnuts mostly) so I was expecting the worst. I didn't see any temptations, but I really didn't want them anyway.  The idea of waiting for one special day to savor all of those delicious and unhealthy foods makes you want to hold off, or at least makes me want to hold off. 

I went to the gym as well and chose to walk/ jog the 1.5 mile round trip to the gym. I lifted weights and I never felt that my energy levels or low or that I needed more food. I even went to the grocery store afterwards and still wasn't hungry!  This diet is an amazing approach to eating. You don't have to eat calories and you just eat until you're full.  Lentils and beans are so filling!

At the store, I did purchase some bananas and chocolate almond milk to blend into a post-workout smoothie, because it should be allowed after a workout to refuel the muscles. I'm going to investigate if chocolate almond milk has the same benefits as dairy chocolate milk for post-lift refuel.  

So, this diet is pretty amazing so far. At the end of the day, do I want to lose weight? Of course, but having such a regimented way of eating is also really nice! It's sort of reassuring that you have to follow a structure and not have to worry about the plethora of "stuff" in the store.

We'll see how day 3 goes and onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment