Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Slow Carb Black Beans and Steak

This is a super easy and quick meal; perfect for when you need to quickly get something on the table.  This is also super satisfying and compliant with the Slow Carb diet. I used a small portion of steak to make the steak I bought last longer.  I can't remember what I bought, but it was a nice, very lean slab at about $3.50 for the whole thing.  It was pretty tasty, but could've used a bit of a marinade for tenderizing.  I chopped my steak because then I wouldn't have to cut it later :)

Black Beans and Steak
1/2 can black bean rinsed and drained
Steak- a decent serving.  I probably had about 4 oz, maybe less. 
Salt & Pepper to taste
Cayenne Pepper to taste
Splash of lemon juice (if you'd like) 
Baby Spinach

Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the cut pieces of steak.  Let the steak cook for a few and add the black beans.  Smash a few of the black bean to make them easier to grab. Add the spices and let everything mix together. Splash some lemon juice and serve over baby spinach.

I didn't take a picture, because it wasn't that exciting to look at.  To repurpose for another day I added 1/2 bell pepper. That will likely be breakfast for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment