Sunday, May 5, 2013

Slow Carb Black Beans and Eggs

Good Morning!

For my first slow carb meal ever, I decided to try and keep it simple with a quick breakfast.  Today is a Sunday and I'd rather have pancakes or biscuits, but that's not going to be allowed on this diet unless it's a cheat day.  

I decided to go with eggs and black beans.  I like eggs and I like black beans! I thought black beans seemed more breakfast friendly than pinto.  I had some tomatoes that were very ripe and I wanted to include those too.  I took out the seeds, because I didn't want my eggs to get too wet.  Here it is, my super tasty black beans and eggs!

Slow Carb Breakfast Beans and Eggs
1/2 tomato diced
1/2 cup rinsed black beans.  (I used reduced sodium).
2 egg whites
2 whole eggs
Pinch cayenne (or more if you like it hotter)
1/2 tsp cumin
Salt and Pepper to taste

1) Add the tomato to a preheated non-stick skillet.  Let the tomato cook for about a minute or so, just to become even sweeter.  Add the black beans and let them warm up with the tomatoes.
2) Add the spices!  Add more cayenne if you'd like it hotter. 
3) Add the eggs and egg whites.
4) Scramble all of the ingredients until the eggs are cooked to your liking.  I prefer my scrambled eggs to be fully cooked.  Some like them a bit softer so it's up to you. 

Eat and Enjoy!

For next time, I will put this on a bed of spinach to get the vegetable portion of the diet in and a squeeze of lime juice would be really delicious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment